- 1 1/2-2 lbs of boneless chicken thighs
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups of parboiled rice
- 1 onion minced
- 1 green pepper minced
- 1 red pepper minced
- 5 garlic cloves
- 10 green olives minced with a tablespoon of olive juice
- 1/4 cup of parsley minced
- 14 oz can of diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 can of pimienton
- 2 packets of Goya Sazon con Azafran
- 1/4 teaspoon of oregano
- dash of cumin
- 1 chicken bouillon
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt (I use Lawry’s brand)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 bottle of beer (I use Corona, Modelo Especial or Budweiser)
- 1 cup of white wine (preferably Pinot Grigio)
- sweet peas (optional)
- extra pimienton (optional)
Heat oil in a medium to large size pot. When oil is hot add the chicken and saute for about 3 minutes.
Add the onion, peppers, garlic, parsley, green olives and saute for about another minute. Add the can of diced tomatoes, pimienton with its juice, the liquid of the white asparagus only (reserve the asparagus) the azafran, oregano, cumin, chicken bouillon, paprika, garlic salt, bay leaves and water.
Let it come to a boil and add the rice, beer and wine. Stir well and once it comes to a boil put it on low heat and cover.
Let it cook for about 25 minutes without removing lid or stirring. Stir and if needed add a little more water (this all depends on the consistency you want). Add the tablespoon of olive oil, stir and serve. Top each serving with a white asparagus, sweet peas and pimienton.