- 1/4 cup olive oil plus a teaspoon
- 1 large green pepper cut in slices
- 1 large red pepper cut in slices
- 1 large onion cut in slices
- 5 garlic cloves diced
- 2-3 lbs of flank steak
- 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of water
- 10-15 Manzanilla spanish olives with mined pimientos
- 1 tablespoon of olive juice
- 1 cup of red wine
- 8 cup of the water (reserve 1 1/2 cups of broth)
- 1/2 cup of cooking wine (white)
- 1 sazon goya con azafran
- 1 sazon goya con culantro y achiote
- 1 beef bouillon (I use Knorr)
- 1 can of pimienton sliced with its juice
- 1/2 a teaspoon of oregano
- 1/2 a teaspoon of paprika
- a dash of cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of garlic salt (Lawry’s)
Heat water in a large pot and season with salt and a teaspoon of garlic salt. Add the meat and boil for about 30 minutes and remove from pot to cool. Reserve the broth. Once the meat is cool shred and put aside.
In a large pan heat olive oil. Add onion, peppers, garlic and saute for 3 minutes. Add meat and saute for 1 minute. Add tomato sauce, reserved broth, cooking wine, red wine, pimienton with juice and olives with juice.
Add oregano, cumin, paprika, bay leaves, beef bouillon sazon con azafran, sazon con culantro, garlic salt and pepper.
Cook on medium heat for about 20-25 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Once you turn off heat drizzle with the teaspoon of olive oil.