For the Short Ribs:
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 lbs short ribs
- sea salt
- 1 large onion diced
- 6 garlic cloves diced
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery sticks
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 3 cups of red wine
- 4 cups beef stock
- 3 thyme springs
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon of garlic salt (I use Lawry’s)
Preheat oven to 325.
Season Short ribs with salt and pepper.
Heat olive oil on medium/high heat in an oven proof pot and brown meat on both sides to seal its juices. Remove from heat.
In the same pot saute the onion and garlic for 3 minutes. Add the carrots and celery and saute for another 2 minutes.
Return short ribs to the pot and place in the oven for 3 hours.
Garlic Alfredo Gnocchi’s:
- 16 oz gnocchi’s (I used Gia Russa brand)
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz of cream cheese
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt (I use Lawry’s)
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 cup of Italian blend Shredded cheese (I used Publix brand which consisted of Parmesan, Asiago and Romano)
In a large pot of salted boiling water add the gnocchi’s and boil until they rise to the top of the pot (about 3-4 minutes).
In a separate sauce pan on medium heat add the butter, heavy whipping cream and cream cheese. Stir until everything is melted and combined.
Add the minced garlic, garlic salt and garlic powder, Italian seasoning and pepper. Continue stirring until sauce is smooth.
Add the cheese and bring to a simmer for about 4-5 minutes or until thickened.
Drain pasta and combine with the sauce.